About MedAccess Solutions Inc.
Geographic Area Served
Our head office is located in Windsor Ontario. We serve the entire Province of Ontario with fully credentialed providers.
We work with leading specialists in the following areas:
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Trauma Care
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Respiratory medicine
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- All Health Care providers are licensed and accredited through their respective licensing body for the Province of Ontario and maintain their license status current
- All assessors who perform Independent Assessments have a minimum of 3 years experience in conducting similar types of assessments
- All assessors are actively practicing in their respective discipline
- Specialist physicians and surgeons have and maintain specialty certification appropriate to their discipline. This includes up to date requirements for continuing education and continuing certification
- Only individuals who are licensed and accredited through the Canadian Association of Rehabilitation Professionals or a recognized Professional Rehabilitation Association perform FCEs
- All professionals working in any capacity for MedAccess Solutions maintain current Professional Liability Insurance coverage
- All assessors are revalidated annually
The CV's of individual assessors can be provided at the time of individual bookings. The minimum qualifications outlined above will apply in all cases.
MedAccess Solutions was formed in response to the need for a high quality, standardized approach to the provision of third party and independent medical services in Ontario. Our health care providers have a reputation for professionalism and expertise and bring to MedAccess the same high standard that is expected in their own private practices.
Many years of experience has led to a thorough understanding of the Canadian Health Care industry and has gained us the rapport and support of health care providers that is needed to meet your needs.
Our Mission Statement
We strive to achieve excellence in the provision of third party health care services; focusing on rapid access to third party medical evaluations, IME's, medico-legal assessments, injured worker assessments, diagnostic tests and other non-insured health care services. We maintain high standards for the credentialing of all providers. We are customer focused, demanding the highest level of quality, which is maintained by monitoring the needs of our customers and through a program of continuous quality improvement.
Our Corporate values:
- Customer Service:
We listen to the needs of our customers and provide individualized solutions to meet those needs.
We understand the Canadian health care industry and the health care providers who work in it. Our excellent relationships with these providers ensure that we can deliver leading edge health care services to our customer.
Our experience allows us to seek out and access timely solutions to meet our customer needs.
- We maintain a roster of leading service providers, fully credentialed to the highest standard.
Stephen Bartol MD MBA FRCSC
Dr. Stephen Bartol is the President of MedAccess Solutions. He graduated from Dalhousie University School of Medicine in 1983, interned at Victoria Hospital in London Ontario and then worked as a family practitioner and emergency room physician for three years in Windsor Ontario prior to entering an Orthopaedic Surgery residency. He completed his Orthopaedic Residency at Dalhousie University in 1991 and then practiced Orthopaedic Surgery on a full time basis in Windsor Ontario from 1992 to 2003. Since then he has practiced at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit Michigan.
Dr. Bartol is Division Chief of the Orthopaedic Spine program, Vice-Chairman of Orthopaedic Surgery, Medical Director of Surgical Services and Associate Director of Utilization and Quality for Henry Ford Hospital. He is certified as a specialist in Orthopaedic Surgery in both Canada and the United States and licensed to practice in Ontario and Michigan.
In addition to his surgical practice experience, Dr Bartol has extensive experience as an expert witness in the field of Orthopaedics, trauma and disability and has performed IME's for the past 15 years. He has served as an advisor to WSIB, Medical Director of the WSIB Regional Evaluation Centre and was the owner/operator of a Disability DAC.
Diana serves as the Director of Operations for MedAccess Solutions and has worked as a medical practice manager for more than 16 years. She is well known to providers throughout Southern Ontario and has gained a reputation for excellence in customer service. Ms. Petrozzi was the manager of a disability DAC prior to joining the Company.